This new item from UMI Performance is a very unique set-up featuring many benefits needed in todays racing industry. This torque arm, very similar to our proven 4th generation set-up is designed to remove the front mounting point of the torque arm off the transmission, protecting the tail shaft from damage. This item also works excellent for transmission swaps when a clamshell torque arm is not feasible. This torque arm set-up includes instant center adjustment brackets and can be purchased with or with out a front drive shaft loop and bolts into existing floor pan holes with no drilling or welding required. This item is designed to work when installing a TH350 automatic transmission into your 82-92 Camaro or Firebird, it will also work with the T5 manual transmission.
Torque Arm Benefits:
- Removes torque arm from transmission tail shaft protecting transmission
- Eliminates wheel hop and solves traction problems
- Reduces front end nose dive during braking
- Allows for on-car pinion angle adjustments
- Polyurethane bushings designed to keep road noise at a minimum
- Front mounting point utilizes a grease-able pivot point with instant center adjustment
- Bolt-on design requires no welding or drilling!
- Constructed of 1.250 x 0.120 DOM Seamless Steel Tubing
- Front Cross Member uses 0.120 x 3.000 Rectangular Tubing
- TIG Welded 4140 Chrome Moly Tube Adaptors
- On-Car Adjuster Built using 4140 Chrome Moly Steel and Heat Treated
for Maximum Strength
- Front Pivot Mount is supplied with Grade 8 Mounting Hardware and
- All Polyurethane Bushings are Grease-able to Prolong Bushing Life
- All Mounting plates are CNC Machined to insure hole to hole accuracy
- Rear Mounting Plates use 0.375 Thick Mild Steel and are designed to
fit Stock as well as 12- Bolt and 9 Rear-End Housings.
- Rear Mounts feature Solid QA1 Ύ Rod Ends and are attached using
Grade 8 Hardware
- Brilliant Durable Powder Coat
Rear Torque Arm Hardware Kit- We highly recommend purchasing a new hardware kit if running this torque arm on a stock rear-end, Strange or other similar rear-ends that use a straight through bolt design. OEM torque arm bolts will work however are slightly too short and may not work correctly. If you are running a Moser Engineering 12-Bolt rear-end this kit is not needed, you must reuse hardware supplied by Moser Engineering. This kit however is recommended for the Moser 9.