Redesigned and now offered with instant center adjustment!
This torque arm is now supplied with pivot brackets that allow (2) settings to allow easy instant center adjustment. By simply moving the torque arm into the next location you can automatically change the instant center point of the vehicle. This is very crucial on low to mid horse-power cars and can easily lower 60-foot times.
1993-1997 Models- This unit is designed to clear with stock exhaust systems and vehicles running shorty headers and y-pipe that bolt into existing location of stock manifolds. It will also clear y-pipes that bolt to factory exhaust manifolds. This set-up may not clear long tube headers, if you are running a long tube header set-up please see our torque arms designed for long tube headers.
1998-2002 Models- This unit is designed to clear with stock exhaust systems and vehicles running shorty headers and y-pipe that bolt into existing location of stock manifolds. It will also clear y-pipes that bolt to factory exhaust manifolds. The only long tube version header this unit will clear is Kooks long tube headers and Kooks y-pipe. It may not clear Mac Mid length, please e-mail for more details.
Front Drive Shaft Loop- This item is not supplied with a built in drive shaft loop. Please see item # 2201 for this torque arm with built in front drive shaft loop.
Description- Track abuse, street abuse, or just flat-out abuse, this torque arm is designed to handle it all! Eliminate unwanted traction problems by adding a UMI Performance Tunnel Braced Mounted Torque Arm. This aftermarket torque arm replaces the flimsy weak stock torque arm adding strength, rigidity and eliminating flex. Our torque arm design relocates the front torque arm mounting point off the transmission tail shaft protecting the transmission and preventing damage. A shorter torque arm improves weight transfer on acceleration. General Motors tail shaft mounted design works great for a stock driven vehicle however it is not designed to take abuse. This set-up bolts to existing floor pan holes using 0.500 thick mild steel CNC machined mounting plates and metric grade 10.9 hardware. The complete cross brace is constructed of 0.120 thick rectangular tubing and attaches to the torque arm using 0.250 thick mild steel mounting pivot plates with Grade 8 hardware. The torque arm is attached to the supplied cross brace using an Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing set-up on both the supplied cross brace and torque arm. Polyurethane was chosen as a mounting point to keep road noise at a minimum and eliminate unwanted clunks found with other set-ups available. The grease-able polyurethane bushings absorb road irregularities and protect noise from entering the passenger compartment. The rear mounts feature 0.375 thick CNC machined mounting plates and are appropriately drilled to fit your stock rear as well as aftermarket 12-Bolt and 9 Rear-end housings. This set-up requires no welding or drilling and can be installed with basic hand tools; this is a complete bolt-in design.
Torque Arm Benefits:
- Removes torque arm from transmission tail shaft protecting transmission
- Eliminates wheel hop and solves traction problems
- Reduces front end nose dive during braking
- Allows for on-car pinion angle adjustments
- Polyurethane bushings designed to keep road noise at a minimum
- Front mounting point utilizes a grease-able pivot point
- Bolt-on design requires no welding or drilling!
- Constructed of 1.250 x 0.120 DOM Seamless Steel Tubing
- Front Cross Member uses 0.120 x 2.000 Rectangular Tubing
- TIG Welded 4140 Chrome Moly Tube Adaptors
- On-Car Adjuster Built using 4140 Chrome Moly Steel and Heat Treated
for Maximum Strength
- Front Pivot Mount is supplied with Grade 8 Mounting Hardware and
- All Polyurethane Bushings are Grease-able to Prolong Bushing Life
- All Mounting plates are CNC Machined to insure hole to hole accuracy
- Rear Mounting Plates use 0.375 Thick Mild Steel and are designed to
fit Stock as well as 12- Bolt and 9 Rear-End Housings.
- Rear Mounts feature Solid QA1 ¾ Rod Ends and are attached using
Grade 8 Hardware
- Brilliant Durable Powder Coat
Chrome Moly- Chrome Moly version uses 1.250" x 0.095" 4130 Chrome Moly steel feature 100% TIG welded process. This adds increased strength and reduces product weight, recommended for vehicles running 10.50s and faster in the ¼ mile.
Rear Torque Arm Hardware Kit- We highly recommend purchasing a new hardware kit if running this torque arm on a stock rear-end, Strange or other similar rear-ends that use a straight through bolt design. OEM torque arm bolts will work however are slightly too short and may not work correctly. If you are running a Moser Engineering 12-Bolt rear-end this kit is not needed, you must reuse hardware supplied by Moser Engineering. This kit however is recommended for the Moser 9.