98-02 LS1 SLP Long Tube Headers **New Design**
SLP's New "Long Tube" Headers are another option to our current popular "Tuned Length" Headers for your 1998-2002 LS F-Body. This new Long Tube Design by SLP Performance Parts supports more Mid to Upper RPM power compared to the Tuned Length Design. This gives you the option to pick the header design that is best suited for your application. The New Long Tube Headers will produce +11 HP and + 10 ft-lbs in the 4800-6200 RPM Range compared to the Tuned Length Design. As the current Tuned Length Design will produce +7 HP and + 12 ft-lbs additional in the 2600-3400 RPM range compared to the New Long Tube Header Design.
YES there is a difference between a "TUNED LENGTH HEADER" and a "LONG TUBE HEADER". A Tuned Length Header as can be seen on the dyno graph below has primary lengths designed to provide power at a certain RPM band. In the case of the SLP Tuned Length Header 2500-4000 RPM. While a Long Tube Header has as long as possible primaries to provide the best possible gain in the higher RPM ranges.
- 1-3/4"Ceramic Coated 409 SS Mandrel Bent Long Tube Headers
- New High Flow Collectors for More HP and Torque in the Mid to Upper RPM Range
- Redesigned Long Tube Design allows for over 2 inches more ground clearance
- Metallic Substrate 200 cell/inch High Flow Cats Included
- New 3" High Flow Y Pipe Designed for Unrestricted Flow
- Will Bolt to Factory Cat-Back or SLP Cat-Back
- "Drop-In" Design-No Engine or Transmission movement needed for installation
- No wiring needed for installation.
- All Clamps/Hardware/Extensions and Instructions are included to complete the installation.
SLP Part #30046 (1998-1999 LS1 Fbodys)
SLP Part #30047 (2000 LS1 Fbodys)
SLP Part #30048 (2001-2002 LS1 Fbodys)