When it comes to serious racing you want an item built to withstand high amounts of abuse to prevent failure that could lead to down time and extra cost. Our road race version K-member is designed for the serious racer that exposes their vehicle to more stress than any street car will ever experience. We take are already over-built street K-member and improve it even more by using additional 1.000” tubing and tying together crucial areas. These areas are exposed to more stress from a road race vehicle than a street or drag race vehicle would ever apply. This item weighs in at 3lbs more than our standard version but still maintains a much needed weight savings.
K-member allows the installation of a traditional Chevrolet small block or big block into a 1993-2002 Camaro or Firebird. The UMI tubular K-member features integrated polyurethane mount mounts and fabricated mounting clam shells for maximum weight savings and installation ease. K-member includes power steering rack mounts and is a direct bolt in application.
Note: Although this K-member allows easy installation of a small block or big block Chevrolet engine modifications to firewall and other areas may be necessary for proper engine clearance.
- Main center tube constructed of 1.500” x 0.120” DOM seamless steel tubing
- Additional cross braces use 1.250” x 0.120” DOM seamless steel tubing
- Entire K-Member features both TIG & MIG welded construction for superior strength
- Front & rear A-Arm mounts CNC machined & fabricated from 0.188" thick steel
- Rear A-Arm mounts gusseted to with-stand extreme side loads & pressure
- Dual tube center section adds increased strength over any competitors design
- All mounting plates are CNC machined to insure hole to hole accuracy
- Factory locator pins included for easy installation & exact fit
- Completely fixture welded to insure factory fitment with no grinding or cutting
- Standard power steering rack mounts included
- Durable powder coat finish, available bright red or gloss black
- Automatically reduces 25lbs of front end weight
- Offers additional clearance for headers & turbo piping
- A-Arm slots lengthened a 1/2" over factory for additional adjustment
- Rear main cross tube lowered for oil pan protection & coverage
- Uses integrated motor mounts for maximum weight reduction