We all know weight equals horsepower. UMIs direct bolt-in replacement K-member instantly removes 20 lbs of front end weight from your ride and helps your existing horsepower work for you. Strong dual tube construction and a host of high-strength features ensure the P/N 2403 will survive street use, drag strip blasts and autocross action. The K-member is fabricated from CNC machined 3/16 mild steel held together by a strong dual tube lower section. Included fabricated motor mounts are used to bolt any LSX engine to the precision machined mounting pads while both factory and aftermarket suspension is located by strong boxed mounting points. Lightening holes are CNC machined into the mounting plates and the tubular construction provides added clearance for aftermarket exhaust. The modular design permits coil-over use as delivered or can be converted to stock spring and strut use by removing the top bracket and adding a UMI spring perch to convert to factory style springs. Street and track testing on our 89 IROC test car has shown this K-member to be strong, reliable and a great upgrade for your high performance ride. Available in tough powder coated red or black finish. Manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA USA.
Coil Over Application Only: P/N 2404 is designed to be used with coil over set ups only and does not allow the use of factory springs. The spring perch shown in the image is not included and is replaced with a support strap. P/N 2402 can be converted to accecpt factory style springs by purchasing spring perch kit P/N 2405.
Features and benefits:
- 20 lbs lighter than stock
- Allows installation of any LSX engine without modifications
- Double tube construction for superior strength
- Strong 3/16 thick mild steel engine and suspension mounts held together with 1-1/2 dia DOM tubing
- CNC machined and jig-built for no hassle installation
- MIG and TIG welded
- Direct bolt-in design can be used with factory, UMI or other aftermarket a-arms as well as factory or aftermarket springs
- Durable red or black powdercoat
- Modular design allows use of coil-overs and/or LS mounts for minimal cost
- Manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA - USA