We all know weight equals horsepower. UMI’s direct bolt-in replacement K-member and lower a-arm kit instantly removes 25 lbs of front end weight from your ride and helps your existing horsepower work for you. Strong dual tube construction and a host of high-strength features ensure this kit will survive street use, drag strip blasts and autocross action. The K-member is fabricated from CNC machined 3/16” thick mild steel held together by a strong dual tube lower section. Included fabricated motor mounts are used to bolt any LSX engine to the precision machined mounting pads while both factory and aftermarket suspension is located by strong boxed mounting points. Lightening holes are CNC machined into the mounting plates and the tubular construction provides added clearance for aftermarket exhaust. The k-member design permits stock spring and strut use while the lower a-arms feature a spring locating pocket. The lower a-arms feature TIG welded tubular construction, adjustable steering stops and polyurethane bushings. Street and track testing on our test car has shown this k-member and a-arm kit to be strong, reliable and a great upgrade for your high performance ride. Available in tough powder coated red or black finish. Manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA. Save $20.00 when purchasing these items as a kit!
Note: If using Factory LS A/C the A/C compressor needs relocated when running a UMI tubular k-member, we recommend an A/C relocation kit from www.kwikperf.com. Included k-member can also be used with a factory SBC engine by not installing the included LSX motor mount stands.
Features and benefits:
- Reduces 25 lbs of front end weight
- Allows easy installation of any LSX engine
- LSX adapter mounts work with factory rubber LS motor mounts, polyurethane mounts or UMI’s solid mounts P/N 2323
- K-member accepts factory springs and lowering springs
- Includes new 10.9 mounting hardware for k-member and a-arms
- Double tube construction for superior strength
- Strong 3/16” thick mild steel engine and suspension mounts held together with 1-1/2” dia DOM tubing
- CNC machined and jig-built for no hassle installation
- MIG and TIG welded
- Direct bolt-in design
- Lower a-arms are jig-built with polyurethane bushings installed (see P/N 2031 for complete details)
- Durable red or black powdercoat
- Modular design allows use of coil-overs and/or LS mounts for minimal cost